Homemade Protein Shakes Recipe 2
1 cup strawberries
½ cup of orange juice
1 cup low fat yogurt, vanilla flavor
1½ cups skim milk
2 scoops whey protein powder
1 tbsp honey
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Homemade Protein Shakes Recipe 1
8 oz skim milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 scoops of whey protein powder
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. And there you have it, a delicious homemade protein shakes drink.
Protein shakes contain many different types of protein in varying amounts. They may include:
The source of the protein and how it's purified during manufacturing may affect how well your body can digest and absorb its amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Although it's best to obtain protein through your diet, supplementing it with a combination of whey and casein is a good choice.
Whey protein is:
- A protein found in milk
- In your body for a shorter time
- A good supplement after intense workouts
Casein protein is:
- The main protein in milk
- In your body for a longer time
- A good supplement for meal replacements or to take before bed
Soy protein is as effective as most animal sources of protein, although many male athletes think of it as a 'girl's protein', Antonio says. 'But this is where public perception and scientific reality clash'. Research doesn't support the fears that soy protein lowers blood levels of testosterone or reduces lean body mass. Some women may take soy protein shakes in the hopes of curbing menopausal symptoms. But research results have been mixed.
Soy protein is:
- A plant-based source of protein
- As digestible as other sources of protein
- Known for its antioxidant capabilities
- A good supplement for meal replacements
3. Protein Shakes for Weight Loss